Five thoughts that have come across my mind from my past two days as a fashion sittings intern for Seventeen:
(Photo Credit -- BusinessWeek)
- I am so lucky to be interning in the Hearst Tower -- and oh my goodness, my own identification card for entering the building? And sushi is only five dollars? Is this corporate heaven (if there even is such a thing)?
- Thank goodness I brought an umbrella in my purse -- I would have been wetter than the wet clothes I was carrying to the dry cleaner.
- Organizing is suddenly very fulfilling to me. When I finish organizing the clothing racks, I always pick up staples on the ground and make sure every single stack of papers or magazines or books is grouped in categories in neat piles.
- I've made a lot of mistakes -- but I've learned a lot at the same time.
- I really love working at a magazine (particularly in fashion). I understand that I'm younger than the other interns (who are mostly at least 20), and I'm very happy and grateful to be there -- doing anything I can to help out.