- New York City rainwater destroyed my new camera. I'll have to go to the Greenwich Village area and see how much repairs cost. If it costs more than my camera did, I'll have to buy a new one. That's approximately $300 lost -- in other words, a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs flats or two new pairs of straight-leg jeans forgone.
- The wireless internet is not functioning very well.
- There's no air conditioning in my room.
- I'm in New York City! I live approximately four blocks from Central Park. Today, I walked around my neighborhood, bought lamb over rice from a street vendor, tried on lingerie from Victoria's Secret to cheer my camera-less self up, strolled around Central Park, and realized that I'm going to have to learn more about balancing my budget and taking responsibility for myself. Because you know, I'm hoping this camera ordeal will be the last of my blunders.
- No internet means more reason to stroll around my neighborhood.
- There's no air conditioning in my room -- but there's two reading rooms, a piano room, and a parlor at my residence. All of which are beautifully furnished with air conditioning.