- Rest in peace, Miss Ruslana Korshunova.
- Starting college in the fall? I discovered a fabulously complete Master List for College. Don't leave home without reading it (and good luck, my lovely '08ers!)!
- If you're not interested in romance novels or overtly materialistic chick lit for casual afternoon readings (I know I'm not), reading a play may be your cup of tea. My wonderful American literature teacher recommended M. Butterfly by David Henry Hwang to me -- a fascinating play about a French diplomat who falls in love with a male Peking opera singer who is pretending to be a female to obtain secret information about Indochina from France on behalf of the Communists. Confused yet? Best part is that it's based on a true story! As my teacher says, "In a way, that points to the greatness of the form - plays can evoke an entire world in the mind of a sensitive, imaginative reader, yet they can be read in a surprisingly short amount of time."
- Is anyone else also obsessed with the Valentino Nuage Bag? Patent leather and a girly bow?
(Photo Credit -- Style.com)
- Shannon Click and Natasha Poly -- I love cute models who make shoutouts to their parents like us mortals do in front of the Good Morning America show at Bryant Park.
- Oh my goodness -- I love Gala's coverage of the Louis Vuitton Cruise Collection! I don't know how Marc Jacobs made Barbie-style hot pink stilettos not tacky -- but there they are, in their shining glory.