- After withdrawing myself from anything that could distract from my studies in May, I briskly rewarded myself with a few purchases today. On sale for only $45, the Betseyville by Betsey Johnson 'Vidonia' Pump (felt more like a flat than a high-heel) came in candy shop-colors that my little sister would appreciate -- I suppose I couldn't resist the bold plastic and rhinestone hearts either. I picked up a Moleskine pocket journal from Borders to use as the "omnipotent intern notebook," as recommended by Jazzi. Lastly, I attained a kid's cupcake apron and sweaterknit with a blue sparrow from Anthropologie. Standing at 5'1", the apron fit me perfectly -- and I completely didn't realize it was a child's apron until I checked the website. You might as well give me a lollipop and a nice pat on the head.
- So everyone and her mother have seen Sex and the City by now -- and I, finally departing my enclave of perpetual schoolwork, just saw the movie tonight. Controversies aside, the movie ticket was worth the $10.25 to see the clothes.
- Just in time for my internship in a week, I came upon two insightful articles with tips for fashion interns: Fashion Tips for Interns for the Pros by Stephanie D. Smith and Style.com's Summer Interns Guide.
- I will be in Boston for three days this week -- any tips on where to shop, dine, and sightsee?
- Speaking of Sex and the City, Sarah Jessica Parker was rocking the over-the-knee argyle socks. Perhaps it's the preppy schoolgirl -- or the Clueless movie fanatic -- in me, but this makes me wonder if I should pack a couple of my own argyles into my suitcase.
- I'm an exceedingly vicious shopper -- I pause over every single shelf and rack with a discerning critical eye that thankfully doesn't burn holes into the clothing. Once I find something I like, I wait until I visit the store a second time before I actually purchase the item -- just to be certain of my decisions. How do you shop?