- We have a new building on campus -- the science and technology building. The strangest feature is a circulur room dedicated to this giant pendulum -- apparently the Smithsonian Museum has one too (please correct me if I'm mistaken?). There's some controversy at school regarding this pendulum; in my view: it's shiny and I can calculate the orbit of the Earth with this metal ball-on-a-string, but I can't wear it. Therefore, I still prefer these scientifically-influenced baubles-on-a-string that I can actually wear.
- I am incredibly in love with my classes so far. AP Psychology and Gothic Literature work magnificently well together as I begin to delve into regions of the human psyche that I've never encountered before. In only three class periods, AP Statistics has already begun to change the way I interpret data in the media. Really though, I absolutely adore all of my classes and I think my instructors are engaging and phenomenal. Lucky me.
- I learned recently that eating a light lunch helps you stay more alert and awake. I intend to stop stuffing my face with cookies at lunch and opt for lighter, healthier options to prevent myself from slumping over in fifth period.
- Did I mention that I'm a senior?
- I'm even more in love with my friends. They are brilliant, witty, beautiful, and caring (and no, I'm not just being overtly sappy -- somewhat). For many reasons, they make me want to be a better person and I'm joyous to know that I'm taking classes with some of them. There's nothing like huddling in the hallways after-school with some of the best people I've ever met in my life.
- Senioritis has not hit yet -- and I'm hoping it never will. I want passion. Non-stop passion.
- I finally believe in letting things be -- all I need to do is stay positive, work hard, surround myself with the people I love, cherish every moment and all that cheesy mumbo-jumbo, and everything will fall into place. It's been this way so far, hasn't it?
- I make sure to dress up for school everyday. School isn't a fashion show, but I'm trying to strive for my best in every aspect of my life!
- I'm sure some of you are curious as to where I am applying to college (is that not the main topic of conversation for most seniors?). Guess, my lovelies?